Justice and Advocacy Resource Links
Interfaith Statement in Support of Comprehensive Immigration Reform (Oct. 14, 2005)
– endorsed by Lehigh County Conference of Churches
Other Denominational and Interfaith Statements on Comprehensive Immigration Reform
- Interfaith Statement on Comprehensive Immigration Reform
(Oct. 24, 2008, updated from 2005 statement)
- Interfaith Statement in Support of Comprehensive Immigration Reform: Addendum on Asylum (July 10, 2006)
- A Call to Action on Comprehensive Immigration Reform,
National Council of Churches (Nov. 10, 2010)
- Interfaith Statement on Immigration Enforcement Guidelines for Humane Laws
- Mennonite Central Committee U.S. Washington Office Guide to Immigration Reform
- Comprehensive Immigration Reform, Lutheran Immigration and Refugee Service
- Immigration statements and policies adopted by various religious bodies and faith-based coalitions
Faith-Based Resources on Comprehensive Immigration Reform
- Christians for Comprehensive Immigration Reform
Resources for Clergy
Movie Discussion Guide – Faith and Immigration
CCIR is supported by an ecumenical coalition of church leaders and faith-based organizations.
The Welcome Neighbor! Exhibition is a collection of portrait photographs and selections from oral history interviews with immigrants to the Lehigh Valley.
Exhibitions will be held throughout the Lehigh Valley in 2011. The following events include a panel on immigration to the area, refreshments, and of course, photos and quotes from interviews with 16 neighbors.
Community Forums & Receptions
- Tuesday February 8, 2011 – 6pm – Moravian College, Haupert Union Building, W Locust & Monocacy St, Bethlehem.
- Thursday March 10, 2011 – 6:30pm – Allentown Public Library, 1210 W Hamilton Street, Allentown.
- Thursday April 7, 2011 – 6pm – Sigal Museum, 342 Northampton Street, Easton – Free admission on date of forum and Sunday April 10, 17 & 24.
For additional information, see the collectivememoryproject.wordpress.com.
- See the Immigration Legislation page
- Pennsylvania and U.S. Legislation related to Immigration
- ACLU Immigrant Rights Project
- ACLU opens regional office in Allentown (Morning Call,
March 6, 2010)