Printable Flyers and Posters (PDF)
Conference of Churches
Justice & Advocacy
A Modest Dream:
A Place to Call Home
Saturday, October 20, 2012
8:30 am - 1:30 pm
St. Paul's Lutheran Church
8th and Walnut Streets
Allentown, PA 18101
A Modest Dream: A Place to Call Home*
Our fall seminar will focus on affordable housing and public policy, and present a variety of opportunities for our local congregations to engage in the work of homelessness prevention.
The program will include an overview of the circumstances that have contributed to the housing crisis and report some recent initiatives that are making measurable progress toward ending homelessness in the Lehigh Valley. There will also be workshops on public policy advocacy and an opportunity to network with representatives of other Lehigh Valley congregations concerned about homelessness and affordable housing.
* See Program, Schedule, and Speakers pages for more details.
Plenary Speakers: *
- Alan Jennings, Community Action Committee of the Lehigh Valley
- Elizabeth Reed, Pastor of Grace Episcopal Church, Allentown
- Maritza Torres-Dolich, Pastor of St. Stephen's Outreach Center, Allentown
- Tony Sundermeier, Senior Pastor of First Presbyterian Church, Allentown
Each workshop will be presented twice (10:15am and 11:40am)
- Affordable Housing for the Very Poor and Disabled – Tom Walker
- Mortgages, Foreclosures, and Land Trust – Alan Jennings and Justin Collins
- HADC - Housing Association and Development Corporation
– Dave Evans
- State and Federal Public Policy on Affordable Housing – Joe Willard of the Housing Alliance of Pennsylvania
- 100,000 Homes – Dale Smith
Continental breakfast and lunch will be provided.
This gathering is sponsored by the Lehigh County Conference of Churches, Justice and Advocacy Committee. Suggested donation: $5.
(Students and unemployed: Free)
Pre-registration by October 17 would be appreciated.
Register Now or contact us at 610-433-6421 or email@example.com for further information or registration by phone.
See our resource page for links to many web-based resources on homelessness and affordable housing.